- Assisting newcomers in taking responsible, informed and proactive steps toward their successful settlements;
- Providing a more in-depth discussion on settlement needs and when settlement planning is required;
- Meeting the immediate, intermediate and long-term needs of newcomers;
- Facilitating the adaptation and integration of newcomers to their new community;
- Providing a comfortable, safe environment;
- Assisting newcomers in finding and accessing support that meets their needs;
- Providing complete, accurate and up to date information;
- Encouraging newcomers to participate in the community activities.